Matching Grant Challenge
In Fall of 2018, Gilroy Foundation challenged our investment partner, Silicon Valley Community Foundation, to give locally. They countered with a $20,000 matching gift offer!
• We accepted the challenge and have come up with an educational opportunity that will make an impact on Gilroy students.
• NPR reports, “High paying trade jobs sit empty, while high school graduates line up for universities.”
• We are planning to establish a new endowed opportunity: Gilroy Foundation’s Vocational Career Scholarship.
• This annual $2,000 scholarship will go to a student entering Gavilan College to pursue certification in a technical field.
• Your “Call to Action”? Help us reach our goal of raising $20,000 to match SVCF by becoming a donor to this endowed fund.
• We have only six months to raise our $20,000 to receive the match!
• Click here to be among the first to kick off this campaign. Your donation in any amount will help us reach our goal.