Since 1982, the Gilroy Foundation has awarded over $7.4 million in grants and scholarships. Foundation grants have made a positive and powerful difference in every sphere of life in the community, including:
- Increasing the self-sufficiency of children and families
- Building the capacity of students to excel in school
- Promoting the physical, mental, and social health of all individuals
- Enriching the cultural life of the community
- Improving the environment
- Helping to bridge gaps in our neighborhoods
- Encouraging career opportunities in all trades and professions
All prospective funding recipients who apply to the Gilroy Foundation are thoroughly researched and evaluated.
In 2017 in the area of Competitive Grants, the Gilroy Foundation received requests for funding in the amount of $404,229. Of that amount, $90,144 was granted. The needs are great in our local community, though funding is limited.
Applying for Gilroy Foundation Grants
The competitive grant cycle opens on December 1 of each year. Grant applications will be available to download. Other nonprofits with a 501(c)(3) status, schools and city programs are also eligible to apply.
To apply, you must download a current Grant Application. Applications are only available in December and January.
Below is a listing of our current grant criteria and the grant applications.
- 2018 Grant Criteria
- 2018 Grant Application
- 2018 Julie Hayes "Performing Arts" Grant Criteria
- 2018 Julie Hayes "Performing Arts" Grant Application
- 2018 Richard Hayes "Industrial Arts" Grant Criteria
- 2018 Richard Hayes"Industrial Arts" Grant Application
An original application with the required attachments and (8) additional copies of the grant application must be submitted to the Foundation by posted mail, postmarked no later than January 31, 2018. Hand-delivered applications can be accepted by 3:00 p.m. on January 31, if prior arrangements are made by phone or email.
Organizations are notified of their status by the end of March. Grants are awarded at our Annual Meeting and Charitable Giving Program in April of each year.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the grant application process.
See a complete list of Gilroy Foundation’s 2017 Grant Recipients.
Applying for a latino family fund grant
The bress family fund grant
All non-profit groups who receive a Gilroy Foundation grant through our Competitve Grant Cycle must complete a Final Report by December 31 of the same calendar year to be eligible for future grants.
Click to download 2017 Final Report.