Start a Fund
Gilroy Foundation makes it easy for you, your family, or your organization to start a separate charitable fund, without the costs and administrative demands of funding a private foundation.
The minimum amount to start a separate fund is $10,000. However, all membership gifts to the Foundation are tracked; when $10,000 in gifts are received, Gilroy Foundation will contact you about establishing your own Fund.
We offer many types of funds for individuals, families, groups or organizations:
- An Unrestricted Fund is utilized by Gilroy Foundation grant process to meet the current needs of the community
- A Field of Interest Fund can support your particular interests (e.g. education, the arts, youth sports, displaced families, etc.)
- A Designated Fund gives you a way to support your favorite charity with permanent annual support
- With a Donor-Advised Fund, you can suggest who the recipients will be each year
- Non-Profit Partner Funds allow local non-profit groups to invest endowments or capital campaign contributions through Gilroy Foundation
- Scholarship Funds can be established to support local high school and college students