Since 1980, Gilroy Foundation has awarded over $14.8 million in grants and scholarships. Foundation grants have made a positive and powerful difference in every sphere of life in the community, including:
- Increasing the self-sufficiency of children and families
- Building the capacity of students to excel in school
- Promoting the physical, mental, and social health of all individuals
- Enriching the cultural life of the community
- Improving the environment
- Helping to bridge gaps in our neighborhoods
- Encouraging career opportunities in all trades and professions
All prospective funding recipients who apply to Gilroy Foundation are thoroughly researched and evaluated.
In 2020 in the area of Competitive Grants, Gilroy Foundation received requests for funding for over $160,000. Of that amount, $49,812 was granted. The needs are great in our local community, though funding is limited.
To date, in 2020, including Competitive, Designated, Donor Advised, Pass-through grants and Nonprofit Partner disbursals $331,566 was awarded to local organizations and programs.
Applying for 2021 Gilroy Foundation Grants
The competitive grant cycle opens on December 1, 2020. Grant applications will be available to download. Nonprofits with a 501(c)(3) status, schools, and city programs are eligible to apply. The 2021 Grant cycle closes at 5:00 P.M. Monday, February 1, 2021.
Below is a listing of our current grant criteria and applications.
- 2021 Competitive Grant Criteria
- 2021 Competitive Grant Application
- 2021 Julie Hayes Grant Criteria
- 2021 Julie Hayes Grant Application
- 2021 Richard Hayes Grant Criteria
- 2021 Richard Hayes Grant Application
- 2021 Youth Board Grant Criteria
- 2021 Youth Board Grant Application
The completed applications with the required attachments must be submitted to the Foundation, via email, by 5:00 P.M. Monday, February 1, 2021.
Organizations are notified of their status by the end of March. Grants checks are awarded in April.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the grant application process.
See a list of Gilroy Foundation’s 2020 Grant Recipients.
Applying for a Latino Family Fund de Gilroy Grant
The bress family fund grant
The Bress Family Fund Grant applications will be available later in 2021.
All non-profit groups who receive a Gilroy Foundation grant through our Competitive Grant Cycle must complete a Final Report by December 31 of the same calendar year to be eligible for future grants. Please fill out, scan and email the Final Report to email@example.com.