Since 1980, Gilroy Foundation has awarded over $16.3 million in grants and scholarships. Foundation grants have made a positive and powerful difference in every sphere of life in the community, including:
- Increasing the self-sufficiency of children and families
- Building the capacity of students to excel in school
- Promoting the physical, mental, and social health of all individuals
- Enriching the cultural life of the community
- Improving the environment
- Helping to bridge gaps in our neighborhoods
All prospective funding recipients who apply to Gilroy Foundation are thoroughly researched and evaluated.
Each year, 5% of year-end grantmaking fund balances are used to satisfy worthy grant applications.
In the 2022 Competitive Grants Cycle, Gilroy Foundation received requests for funding for $158,355.94. Of that amount, $91,112.54 was granted. The needs are great in our local community, though, funding is limited.
Also, in 2022, $157,656.00 was awarded to programs from our Donor Advised Funds; $187,060.00 was awarded to Gilroy charities from our Designated Funds, and our Youth Board awarded a $1,000 grant.
Our total grant awards in 2022 were $439,829.00
Gilroy Foundation’s 2022 Competitive Grant Cycle is now closed.
- 2022 Competitive Grant Criteria
- 2022 Julie Hayes Grant Criteria
- 2022 Richard Hayes Grant Criteria
- 2022 Youth Board Grant Criteria
See a list of Gilroy Foundation’s 2022 Grant Recipients.
All non-profit groups who receive a 2022 Gilroy Foundation grant through our Competitive Grant Cycle must complete a Final Report by September 30, 2022, to be eligible for future grants. The Final Report will be available here in June 2022.
The bress family fund grant