Since 1980, Gilroy Foundation has awarded over $16.3 million in grants and scholarships. Foundation grants have made a positive and powerful difference in every sphere of life in the community, including:
- Increasing the self-sufficiency of children and families
- Building the capacity of students to excel in school
- Promoting the physical, mental, and social health of all individuals
- Enriching the cultural life of the community
- Improving the environment
- Helping to bridge gaps in our neighborhoods
All prospective funding recipients who apply to Gilroy Foundation are thoroughly researched and evaluated.
Each year, 5% of year-end grantmaking fund balances are used to satisfy worthy grant applications.
In the 2022 Competitive Grants Cycle, Gilroy Foundation received requests for funding for $158,355.94. Of that amount, $91,112.54 was granted. The needs are great in our local community, though, funding is limited.
Also, in 2022, $157,656.00 was awarded to programs from our Donor Advised Funds; $187,060.00 was awarded to Gilroy charities from our Designated Funds, and our Youth Board awarded a $1,000 grant.
Our total grant awards in 2022 were $439,829.00
Gilroy Foundation’s 2023 Competitive Grant Cycle is now closed.
- 2023 Competitive Grant Criteria
- 2023 Competitive Grant Application
- 2023 Julie Hayes Grant Criteria
- 2023Julie Hayes Grant Application
- 2023 Richard Hayes Grant Criteria
- 2023 Richard Hayes Grant Application
- 2023 Youth Board Grant Criteria
- 2023 Youth Board Grant Application
See a list of Gilroy Foundation’s 2022 Grant Recipients.
All non-profit groups who receive a 2023 Gilroy Foundation grant through our Competitive Grant Cycle must complete a Final Report by September 30, 2023, to be eligible for future grants.
The bress family fund grant
The Bress Family Fund Grant invitation letter and application will be available in February 2023. Applications will be due by April 15, 2023.